Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse (AODA)


Part of Polk United’s mission is to serve as a resource for the community. We can connect you with the resources you need to make safe and healthy decisions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us.


If you or someone you know has problem with alcohol or other drugs, we have a list of treatment providers that serve residents of Polk County as well as in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Aurora Community Counseling (Burnett & St. Croix Counties) (715) 235-1839
Northwest Counseling & Guidance Clinic (715) 327-4402
Northwest Passage, Ltd (715) 327-4402
Peace Tree Counseling (715) 755-2233
Polk County Behavioral Health Department (715) 485-8400
St. Croix Regional Medical Center Behavioral Health (715) 483-0243

One of Polk County’s Community Health Improvement Initiatives is to delay the onset of youth starting to drink before they are of legal age. In the 2011 Polk County Youth Risk Behavior Survey 24% of boys and 16% of girls reported having had their first drink of alcohol before age 13 (other than a few sips). This public service announcement was created after focus groups were held throughout Polk County talking with youth about underage alcohol use. What they said was…. what their parents say matters…have that conversation with them about not using alcohol underage!